Why consider OPI, and why do people dig working here?
- Variety of consulting; new technologies, projects, and people on a regular basis.
- Stability; we’ve been around since 1996 and have a diverse mix of clients and technologies to keep us busy, very busy. And we keep a bench. If you’re not on a project, you’re writing software for our internal business functions or you’re learning new technologies. It’s beneficial to make our consultants as marketable as possible. That’s good for your career.
- No politics or management; we don’t get in the way. Why sit in meetings all day when you can code and be productive?
- Awesome benefits; robust healthcare plan, 28 days of PTO, semi-annual profit sharing bonuses, you get paid OT, company trips, various quarterly company events, new Macbook Pro’s, free beer/soda, chips, candy, and so much more.
- You work with the best. Do an Object Partners search on LinkedIn and see the types of talent we hire. You truly get to work with intelligent, passionate engineers that share the same goal of building great software the right way.
- Low company overhead. It all means more money back into our consultants pockets (profit sharing) or company trips and events to share in the financial success.
As a Data Engineer, you’ll be working with the latest cloud and technology stacks to help clients implement and mature their modern data architecture. You will work with tools/platforms like Kafka, Snowflake, and Databricks to help clients get the most out of their data that may be in systems like Salesforce, SAP, SQL Server, or file storage. With a variety of projects, technologies, and clients, you will constantly be growing, and never bored.
- At least 4 years of experience as a hands-on software or data engineer
- At least 1-2 years building production-grade data solutions (Example: ETL/ELT, Spark, Azure Data Factory, AWS Data Migration Services, streaming systems)
- Demonstrated aptitude for problem-solving and creativity
- Ability to learn new technologies and apply learnings to production-grade solutions
- Experience with at least one prominent cloud provider (e.g.: AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Strong working knowledge of a querying language like SQL
- Understanding of CI/CD, automated testing, and the DevOps culture
- Effectively communicate complex technical solutions to a variety of audiences through oral and written mediums
- Production experience with at least one distributed data system like Snowflake, Databricks, Cassandra, DynamoDb, Elastic, or Hadoop
- Production experience with at least one messaging technology like Kafka, Kinesis, Pulsar, or RabbitMQ
- Certification on at least one relevant platform/tool (AWS, Azure, GCP, Snowflake, Databricks, Spark)
- Can translate business needs into optimized and efficient data models in SQL or NoSQL
- Service frameworks such as Spring Boot, Ratpack, Vert.x, or Play
- Knowledge of data analytics, visualization and governance
- Experience working in an agile development framework like Scrum or Kanban