The day that many Grails developers have been awaiting has finally arrived. The next major installment of the Grails Framework, version 2.0, has finally been released. Grails 2.0 carries a number of significant improvements over the current releases of Grails, including:
- A new console UI incorporating tab completion and coloured output
- A better and more reliable reloading mechanism, resulting in far fewer server restarts
- Enhanced error reporting and problem diagnosis
- The latest and greatest libraries: Groovy 1.8, Spring 3.1, Hibernate 3.6 and Servlet 3.0
- New APIs for link generation and page rendering
- New GORM features: detached criteria, Where queries, multiple data sources, and more
- Standard plugins for database migrations and reverse engineering
- New unit testing API with full GORM emulation
More details can be found here: Grails 2.0 Released
Significant work has gone into making Grails more flexible and extensible, allowing developers and companies to create applications more efficiently and effectively.
Download your copy of Grails 2.0 today!