- Free Healthcare. Yup, I said it. Free. And, for your entire family. How many companies out there right now offer free healthcare? I’m guessing slim to none. Healthcare costs continue to rise; not for our employees.
- Paid OT. Everyone is a full-time salaried employee around here, which is uber cool. What’s cooler than cool? Well, you get paid if you have to put in a few long days once in a while. Or if you’re itching to get some more R&R in, well then just bank those OT hours right into your PTO account. Just think of those sunny warm days in Costa Rica while the rest of your cronies are back in MN when it’s -30. Suckers!
- 24 days of PTO + 10 days of sick time. And it’s not a use it or lose it policy. If you “are a robot sent from the future to solve the worlds problems” (real quote from a client about one of our consultants) and just don’t need time away, we’ll just pay out cash money after the 200 hour cap is met. Show me the money!
- You work with the best. I’m really not overstating this. How many times have you run into Captain Corporate America at your employer that holds all the secrets and ideas to the application you’re working on? But The Captain is as sharp as a bowling ball and likes to over-engineer and architect systems that The Lord himself couldn’t figure out what’s going on. Do you find yourself coming up with creative and witty insults to comment out code that he/she makes you write? If so, it’s time to punt! In addition to the previous fun fact, our employees are great people, most develop lifelong friendships with people they work with on a daily basis. Working with really talented people is the single biggest benefit of working at Object Partners, ask anyone around here.
- Small company vibe. It’s weird, people actually care about each other here. Are you sick of being just a number? Well we don’t have a lot of numbers here, so we honestly care. OPI far and above any company, treats each employee like a professional. We empower our employees to use their own judgement and make decisions based on what they feel is right, not just follow some HR made company guideline. A common phrase from the owner is “Just use your best judgement.” How nice is it not to have to follow some strict company policies or procedures to do your job successfully? I would say really nice.
- We keep up with technology. We’re a technology company, we have to. If we don’t, we fall behind our competition very quickly. Customers look for us to help them navigate the craziness of ever changing technology. Whether it’s Java, Spring, Grails, iOS, Scala, or inventing the Pomegranate Phone (OK we didn’t really do that, but should’ve), we’re at the forefront of all the hype and buzz, and are leaders in the technology community, not just in MN but nationwide.
- Beer in the fridge, all the time! And we have enough candy, granola bars, beef jerky, and soda to power a small city. I’m the only one that likes Miller, so of course that’s not included in any order (it’s the champagne of beer people, c’mon!). Plus, technologists are beer snobs and only operate on fancy expensive beer that costs 16 bucks for 4 beers. So sit back, throw a build out there, and enjoy a nice cold fancy beer while you wait. Or more realistically (but not as cool), a soda.
- Company Trips to Cancun! 5 star all inclusive Cancun goodness, in January even! The last Cancun trip we took was exactly 100 degrees warmer than it was in MN, no kidding. Oh, and feel free to bring your significant other, we include them. So saddle up partner, we’re headin’ down there again this coming January, right about the time you’re wondering why you live in MN.
- Shared Success. The success of Object Partners is shared with each consultant on a personal level through profit sharing and the various quarterly and yearly company events. Family events like WaterPark of America and ValleyFair, team building trips like Cancun, Twins games, Casino night, and various Consultant Lead dinners and happy hours. Everyone has an integral part of the success of Object Partners, and we make sure to give back to each and every one.
- The owner. I can’t count how many times the owner of OPI, Chris Spurgat, has gone out of his way to help people who work for him. From looking after employee family issues, organizing charity events, to lending a hand shingling a roof or running electrical wire. Seriously, I probably wouldn’t be here today if I tried to wire the electrical in my basement. So really, he saves lives too. He’s like Superman, but can code.
- Low company overhead, which maximizes profits for the consultants to share. Our operations staff has deep experience and knowledge of the business and the market, and everyone wears multiple hats to keep things running lean and efficient. But even so, our witty nickname from the consultants continues to be “The Big Bonus Suckers!”
- We have 2 employee lake homes. As if this list wasn’t good enough, I had to throw this out there.
All of these items translate into low turnover, which in turn helps keep the quality of our services very high. Clients appreciate the fact that they can come to us and get consistent results, and can always find extremely talented individuals doing what we know best; helping our client’s achieve their business and IT objectives.
So what are you waiting for? Check out our current opportunities page, or get in touch with me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.